Options
Kefalas
Kefalas
Community Member

Safari v 7.0.4
MacBook Pro 2.7GHz, i7, 16GB RAM
Installed 1Password extension from
https://agilebits.com/browsers/download/safari?beta=false

When I click on the ‘key’ icon in Safari menu bar (I want to create a new password for a forum site), Safari opens a new tab ‘Failed to open page” and a dialog box announces ‘There is no application set to open the URL onepassword4-extension://activate/Safari'

I click on [Choose Application…] button and select 1Password.app then close new tab window.

When I click on the ‘key’ icon in Safari menu bar, the process repeats.

I am emailing you '1Password 4 Diagnostics Report for Kefalas'.

Comments

• Kefalas
    Kefalas
    Community Member
    Options

Screenshot uploaded.

• Kefalas
    Kefalas
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, great.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

support@agilebits.com
    SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
    host aspmx.l.google.com [173.194.66.26]: 552-5.7.0 This message was blocked because its content presents a potential
    552-5.7.0 security issue.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kefalas‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting that Report sent in to us! Unfortunately, Google has been giving us a bit of trouble lately and refusing to send Diagnostic Reports. If you are able to send the Report in from another email account, please do so. If not, please upload the Diagnostic Report to Dropbox and include a link to the folder in your email.

I apologize for the inconvenience here, thanks for your patience!

• Kefalas
    Kefalas
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I've done exactly as you requested (Dropbox and another email).
    Sorry for the delay. This forum doesn't appear to email notifications to me.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kefalas‌

Thanks for sending that Report in! I took a quick look in our system, but I was unable to find an email from the address you attached to your forum account. If you could send me a private message with the address that you used to send in the Report, I'd be happy to track it down and ensure that it gets answered quickly. :)

As far as receiving notifications for the forum goes, you can change your notification settings here: http://discussions.agilebits.com/profile/edit

• Kefalas
    Kefalas
    Community Member
    Options

I have sent you a PM.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Kefalas,

We've received your Diagnostic Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Just as a follow up here. After reviewing Kefalas' diagnostics report I was able to resolve the issue that was causing the report to not send properly. Hopefully this applies to all other users who were having the same issue. If not, we'll be keeping our eyes peeled for other users experiencing the same problem to see if we can locate the cause of it.

As for the original problem, the user was running 1Password 3 for Mac, but trying to use the 1Password 4 extension. These are not compatible and would result in the screenshot that was provided above.

You can always get the correct browser extension by opening 1Password. Choosing 1Password in the menu bar (top left of the screen) and then choosing "Install Browser Extensions." This will take you to the appropriate page for the version of 1Password you are using.

There were two options for Kefalas, install the version 3 extension, or upgrade to version 4 for Mac, which would allow the version 4 extension to operate.

Hope that helps anyone else who may have encountered similar issues or stumbled on this via a Google search.

This discussion has been closed.