Application closes unexpectedly

Options
bruceward51
bruceward51
Community Member

I am checking out 1Password for home use and working through my long list of logins to see how it works. So far it has handled everything I want to do, but I have noticed an unexpected behaviour on both my iMac and laptop. After I have been working for a while, perhaps 15 or 20 minutes, I sometimes find that the browser addon prompts for the mater password. At the same time, the main 1Password app has closed itself.

It seems to me that none of the triggers for the application to lock should have applied. I was actively using the machine for the whole time. There does not seem to have been a crash, and I can't see any messages in the console to indicate that the app has had a major problem.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bruceward51‌

Thanks so much for testing out 1Password! I'd be happy to help you out here. It sounds to me as though your 'Lock after the computer is idle for __ minutes' setting might be set to lock a bit too quickly. I have mine set to lock after 1 minute of computer inactivity, so if I take too long getting my coffee or reading a post, 1Password occasionally locks up on me. Could you take a peek in Preferences > Security and see how many minutes you have allowed here?

Please note that in 1Password 4, the browser extension and the main app share the lock settings, so it is expected for the main app to lock itself when the browser extension is prompting for the Master Password. :)

• bruceward51
    bruceward51
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion Megan. The lock setting was still on the default 5 minutes, but I have increased that to see if that resolves the issue. However, I think I have been continuously using the computer (usually resolving a problematic login) when the app closes, so that trigger should not have been activated. Further, the app does not lock itself, it closes completely (the main app only, not the mini version). Is this normal behaviour?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bruceward51‌

That's strange. 1Password should not be quitting itself (closing the main window entirely) without your say-so. We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.