1P4W has more and definable fields than 1P4M

Options
head4heights
head4heights
Community Member

On my PC I am able to define as many fields as I want for any given login, so where there's an ID, Site Ref, Username and Password I can just add fields with corresponding field names.
On 1PW4 on my Mac (10.9.3) I appear to restricted to 2. Which is a nuisance.

Have I missed something and if so, what?

Many thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @head4heights‌,

I'm sorry that you're having troubles here. You are by no means restricted to two fields for Logins on 1Password 4 for Mac. Please try saving your multi-field Login using these steps:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

This process allows 1Password to learn all of the fields that need to be filled on a particular site. Although you may only see the username and password at the top of your entry, if you click on the 'webform details' button, you will see all of the details that 1Password has saved and will fill.

If you would just like to add some extra information to an existing Login, you can do so by adding custom fields. These fields are for your own reference and will not fill automatically.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.