1Password 4 Not Auto-Locking After Closing [moved to email]

Options
hunterfrederick
hunterfrederick
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

I noticed this problem sometime after updating from 1Password 3 to 1Password 4. I have verified that I have all the options in the auto-lock section of the preferences pane checked yet every once in a while when I will completely quit the 1Password app on the Mac and I open it sometime later I don't have to type in the master password, everything is just unlocked.

I'm not sure if this has something to do with the web browser plug-ins or what. I can't seem to figure out when or how it happens because it is so random.

I am running the latest version of 1Password 4 for OS X and am running the latest version of OS X.

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @hunterfrederick,

So we can take a look at your setup of 1Password, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Don't forget that if 1PW mini is running and unlocked, then you don't need a password to open the main app.

• hunterfrederick
    hunterfrederick
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @JasperP‌ just emailed it over!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @danco,

That's an important thing to mention: the lock settings in 1Password 4 apply to both the main app and the Mini/browser extensions. Even if you quit the main app, the Mini will remain unlocked for the time you specify in the 'Lock after the computer is idle for __ minutes' setting. To lock 1Password when the main window is closed, please enable the 'Lock when main window is closed' option in Preferences > Security.

Hi @hunterfrederick‌

We've received your Diagnostic Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details.

This discussion has been closed.