1Password Sync Problem Detected

Options
v8media
v8media
Community Member

I'm on OS X 10.9.3 and running 1Password 4.4 from the Mac App Store. I just started getting a notification that says "1Password Sync Problem Detected" with Ignore and Fix buttons. I click Fix, it takes me to the sync screen in the 1P prefs, I try turning on iCloud and it gives the same error again. I saw something about this being a problem in the betas, but I'm only running full releases.

Is there anything I should try?

Thanks, Ian

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @v8media,

Could you please try completely re-setting iCloud sync:

• On your iOS device(s), open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service, then Disable Sync.

• On your Mac(s), open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click 1Password in the menu bar, then Preferences. Go the the Sync tab, and then click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.
    • Restart all your devices.

• On your Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud sync.

• Wait a few minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.
    • Go back to any other Macs and iOS devices and re-enable iCloud sync.

Please let me know if that helps! :)

• v8media
    v8media
    Community Member
    Options

It looks like neither the computer or the iPhone think that they are syncing, so I can't turn either one off. On the computer, if I try to turn it back on, it goes back to the error. On iOS, it just hangs there looking like it's trying to connect to iCloud. Nothing actually happens on either.

Should I try uninstalling either of these fully?

• Jasper
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @v8media,

If syncing is disabled on all devices please give this a try:

• On your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud > Manage... and find 1Password in the list (it would likely be listed as onepassword), click on it, then click Delete All.

• Restart all your devices.

• On your Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud sync.

• Wait a few minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.
    • Go back to any other Macs and iOS devices and re-enable iCloud sync.

Please let me know if that helps!

• v8media
    v8media
    Community Member
    Options

That did it! That let the desktop version sync back up, and once that synced up, I turned the phone back on and turned on sync there too. I hadn't seen that "Manage" option in the iCloud prefs previously, that could be useful.

Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @v8media,

On behalf of @JasperP, thanks so much for letting us know that you're all sorted out. We're here if you have any further questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.