Strange behaviour

Options
tommy
tommy
Community Member

I changed my password at a site on Chrome. It hung for the longest time. Finally I closed the tab and went to Firefox 29.0.1. The pw had changed. I had saved it and entered it. 1pw didn't ask to update the profile, I had to do so manually.
1pw 4.4 mac app store

I was pleased to see that the generated passwords were all there. (I had created a few that were too long before the site accepted one).

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @tommy,

Just to be clear, was it the website, the browser, or the 1Password app that "hung for the longest time"?

Thanks in advance for the additional info!

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    Options

The website hung. I never got a confirmation at that time that my password had changed. When I logged back on, I had to use the new password. However at that point, I was not asked to update my password. I had to do so manually.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tommy,

Thanks for clarifying that for us! If the website hung, that would explain why 1Password didn't get around to asking you to ask you to update your Login entry. I'm so glad to hear that the generated passwords were all saved properly for you though - that makes things a lot easier. :)

I'm hoping this is just a one-time glitch with the site, but please keep an eye out and if you notice any other strange behaviour, and we'll investigate further!

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan. I understand why I got no reaction when the website hung. Why didn't I get a reaction when I used a new password on the website? In other words 1pw had a password that was no longer current. I inserted a new password manually but wasn't asked if I wanted to update the item or create a new one.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tommy,

Could you please send us the URL of the site you are having trouble with so that we can do some testing here?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tommy,

Thanks so much for sending that URL along to us. I've done some testing here, and 1Password does prompt me to save my data when I enter different data on that sign-in page. Which browser are you using? Could you please confirm that you are using the latest and greatest version of the 1Password extension (which is now 4.2).

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    Options

I used Firefox 29.0.1 and yes I have the latest and greatest 1pw extension 4.2

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tommy,

Strange, I'm able to see the pop-up in Firefox as well. Please check in Preferences > Browser and confirm that 'Automatically ask to Save new Logins' is checked off, and that the URL above is not on the exceptions list.

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    Options

Preferences are right. Automatically Save New Logins is checked and the URL is not on the exception list.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tommy,

I just want to confirm that this is a consistent issue for you and not a one-time occurrence. If you visit the site now and enter information different than your existing Login information, do you see the 'Save new Login' pop-up? Are you missing this notification on any other sites, or is it only this particular site?

Thanks so much for your patience as we try to track this down.

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    Options

Well, like I said, "Strange behaviour". I went to the same website, on Firefox, and changed the password for another item and it worked as expected. Thank you. You guys are great!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tommy,

I'm so glad to hear that it's behaving now. Please do keep an eye on things, and if 1Password acts up again, do let us know :)

This discussion has been closed.