2 bugs: Flickering and Sync keeps, er, unsyncing.

Options
pstratford
pstratford
Community Member

On both iPad and iPhone, 4.5.1, records flicker as if they're constantly being updated. Holding down on the password field (or anything else obscured) gets the copy/reveal option. Selecting reveal, reveals the password for about 0.5 sec. A little short to transcribe proper passwords. Have to use "edit" in order to see passwords for a reasonable amount of time.

Unsync.
Also happening with Mac version. I've switched to iCloud syncing but I keep getting sync problems and I have to reapply the iCloud settings.
Tempted to switch back to Dropbox.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @pstratford,

This issue should be fixed in version 4.5.2, which has been submitted to the App Store for review.

For now, disabling iCloud sync will fix it. Sorry for the trouble!

• jspiewak
    jspiewak
    Community Member
    Options

Will there be a corresponding fix for the desktop version from the App Store? And if so, when?
    Basically I am having to manually enable and disable sync on 4 devices (iPhone, iPad, iMac, MBP), and that is awful.
    I don't want to use Dropbox any longer but may have to switch back....

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @jspiewak,

The fix will be coming to Mac too, in version 4.4.1. We shipped a release candidate yesterday, so if all goes well, it shouldn't be too much longer.

If you want to get the fix now on Mac, you can switch over to the beta version:

• pstratford
    pstratford
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I'll switch back to Dropbox (after moving ye olde store)
    I know you're unlikely to tell me, but I'd be interest to know what went wrong. It's obviously a fundamental function of the program, so it can't have gone untested. Compilation problem on release build?

• Jasper
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @pstratford,

There was an issue with conflict resolution and tombstones (deleted items) that caused continuous syncing. This issue only occurred for a limited number of users, as there was only a specific case of conflicts where the issue would occur.

This discussion has been closed.