So here's my problem.

Options
Potorice_Pilfer
Potorice_Pilfer
Community Member

I wanted to protect more my passwords by simply making a backup accessible only through another HD with encryption.

So I deleted all my backup on the computer, exported all my personnal files into .1pif and backup file onto the HD.
But before turning off my encrypted HD I copied the HD data on my PC.

As a surprise, these copied files are not working. I import my backup onto my empty 1Password.
Nothings happening. I use my .1pif files with specified items, still nothing...
(I checked the data from the 1pif files, no change has been made since the creation.)

I though it was 1password memory or cache so I reseted the cache data, nope.
If not worst my original copy can not be accessed anymore.
Am I done for? Is there a way to retrieve my passwords from these files?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

@Potorice_Pilfer Since you issue is quite involved, I would highly recommend you submit an email to the support staff. They will be better able to help and on a one on one sort of fashion vs the forums. This will allow you to submit troubleshooting reports etc and all actions take for a remedy can be logged to prevent duplication of efforts.

Plus one on one is more private and troubleshooting reports etc can possibly contain some info that you would not want in an open forums.

Send the email request to support+forum@agilebits.com

** Please include a link to this topic so they can connect the dots.

• Potorice_Pilfer
    Potorice_Pilfer
    Community Member
    Options

I will then.
    Thank you. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @Potorice_Pilfer,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with accessing your 1Password data. We have received your email about this; thanks for sending that in. Could you also send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac? Once we see the report we'll be able to better assist you with getting this issue resolved. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.