iCloud sync issues on ipad

Options
RickyRat
RickyRat
Community Member

I can sync with Mac and iPhone but my ipad won't sync anymore from iCloud. Pick had changed my Apple ID but I've ensured that it is set properly on all devices. I have wiped 1password from my iPhone and ipad. Reinstalled both devices and my iPhone has everything expected on it now.... But now... When I try to install 1password on my ipad it is stuck on config.... "Looking up iCloud info".... Will not progress from here.. Have spent hours on this.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @RickyRat,

Please try completely re-setting iCloud sync:

• On your iOS device(s), open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service, then Disable Sync.

• On your Mac(s), open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click 1Password in the menu bar, then Preferences. Go the the Sync tab, and then click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.
    • Restart all your devices.

• Ensure all devices are logged into iCloud using the same Apple ID, and Documents & Data is enabled in the iCloud settings.

• On your Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud sync.

• Wait a few minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.
    • Go back to any other Macs and iOS devices and re-enable iCloud sync.

Please let us know if that helps. :)

• RickyRat
    RickyRat
    Community Member
    Options

JasperP,

It is working like a champ now. Thanks so much for your help on 'Sunday'!!!
    I started following your instructions and it started working before I could finish.... Just so you know, here is what I did.

I had reinstalled the app a bunch of times on the ipad and kept getting stuck on initial setup as I mentioned above. This morning I tried to go through initial setup again and it hung there as it did last night (I think I waited long enough where it would have found the iCloud data if it was going to at all... Last night for sure I stared at it for a minute or so), i went to Safari on the same ipad to look at the forum and left the initial setup continue trying to get iCloud data, read your post, went to my iPhone and disabled sync per your instructions, I then went back to password setup on the ipad to close it out and bling.... It found the iCloud data. So, either it was going to work this morning for some reason and I didn't wait long enough or.... Just disabling sync on my iPhone did the trick.

I can create and delete itms on both devices and I see the changes in like 10 sec on the other device. I'm a happy camper.

Thanks again!

• Jasper
    Options

You're welcome! I'm glad to hear it's working now. :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.