Create Login with account and username

Options
dkhunt272
dkhunt272
Community Member

Trying to setup a login to work with Amazon's new Console login in page. It has an Account, UserName, Password, and then it has a checkbox to enter a MFA code (which I have to lookup on my phone)...and then when that checkbox is check, it displays another text box for the MFA Code.

When I go to this page and click my 1Password login, I want it to fill in the account, username, password, and to check the MFA checkbox...and do not submit. Then I can lookup in my phone the code, fill it in, and hit submit. I can't seem to get this to work.

Here is a snippet of the html on the login page with the relevant elements.

<fieldset>
        <div class="textinput" id="input_account">
            <label for="account">Account:</label>
            <input id="account" name="account" autocapitalize="off" autocorrect="off" value="">
        </div>
        <div class="textinput" id="input_username">
            <label for="username">User Name:</label>
            <input id="username" name="username" autocapitalize="off" autocorrect="off" value="">
        </div>
        <div class="textinput" id="input_password">
            <label for="password">Password:</label>
            <input id="password" name="password" type="password" autocapitalize="off" autocorrect="off">
        </div>
        <br>
      </fieldset>

<fieldset>
        <div class="checkboxinput" id="input_mfa_checkbox">
            <input type="checkbox" name="mfa_checkbox" id="mfa_checkbox"> 
            <label for="mfa_checkbox">I have an MFA Token <a href="http://docs.aws.amazon.com/console/iam/mfa" class="more">(more info)</a></label>
        </div>
        <div class="textinput" id="input_mfacode" style="display: none;">
            <label for="mfacode" id="mfa_login_label">MFA Code:</label>
            <label for="mfacode" id="mfa_resync_label" style="display: none;">MFA Code #1:</label>
            <input id="mfacode" name="mfacode" autocapitalize="off" autocorrect="off" autocomplete="off">
        </div>
      </fieldset>

<fieldset>
        <div class="textinput" id="input_next_mfacode" style="display: none;">
            <label for="next_mfacode">MFA Code #2:</label>
            <input id="next_mfacode" name="next_mfacode" autocapitalize="off" autocorrect="off" autocomplete="off">
        </div>
      </fieldset>

<br>
      <div class="buttoninput" id="input_signin_button">
          <a id="signin_button" class="css3button" href="https://signin.aws.amazon.com/....." alt="Continue" value="Continue">Sign In</a>
      </div>

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @‌dkhunt272

Let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Find the new Login and select Edit
    • Change the 'submit' option towards the bottom of the entry to 'Never'
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

This should get you all sorted out, but please do let me know if it is still misbehaving for you, and we'll investigate further. :)

• dkhunt272
    dkhunt272
    Community Member
    Options

yes that worked....thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dkhunt272‌

Thanks so much for letting me know that the steps got things working for you! These steps are often the best way to get a cranky Login behaving properly again.

If you run into any further snags, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.