1Password Auto-Submit will NOT Install

Options
Allan McInnis
Allan McInnis
Community Member

I have the Mac App Store version of 1Password, and the auto-submit stopped working with 4.2 extension update. I downloaded the application that is suppose to correct this from your website, but it will not install. I get this message:

“Install1PasswordAutosubmit” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Can you help me?

Allan

Comments

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member
    Options

I believe this has to do with the OSX security settings. Check Settings>Security and Privacy>General Tab. I found that if "Allow apps downloaded from: is either "Mac App Store" or "Mac App Store and identified developers" I couldn't install it. I temporarily changed the setting to "Anywhere" (which reminds me I must change it back!) and the update worked fine.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Allan,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble installing the Auto-Submit script. @Oxon is right - this is related to your Security Settings. If you do not wish to change these settings however, you should be able to bypass the warning by opening the Script by right-clicking the file in your Downloads folder. This will still prompt you with a warning message, but you should have an option to 'Continue'.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions!

• Allan McInnis
    Allan McInnis
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks to both Oxon and Megan. That was the problem. And Megan, that was a nice tip about right-clicking the file in the Downloads folder. I think this is much safer than changing settings and potentially forgetting to change them back again. The auto-submit is now working correctly for me.

Now if someone can tell me why my profile pictures has turned me into a cone-head, I would really appreciate it.

Allan

• Dave_Goldman
    Dave_Goldman
    Community Member
    Options

No problem launching the script installer. But every time I try, I get an "The action “Display Notification” could not be loaded because it could not be located." alert.

I was hoping that this was just a failure when the script was trying to tell me that it had succeeded. But apparently not -- none of my logins autosubmit anymore. :(

• Dave_Goldman
    Dave_Goldman
    Community Member
    Options

(Addendum: restarting Safari hasn't helped.)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Dave_Goldman‌

I'm sorry hear that you're still having trouble with this script. We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Dave_Goldman
    Dave_Goldman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Megan‌. Report sent.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @Dave_Goldman‌

Thanks for sending that Report in! I took a quick look in our system, but I was unable to find an email from the address you attached to your forum account. If you could send me a private message with the address that you used to send in the Report, I'd be happy to track it down and ensure that it gets answered quickly. :)

EDIT: Thanks for providing your email address! Our team will reply as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.