Can't install Safari 1Password extension

Options
Petezilla
Petezilla
Community Member

The download never completes. How big is the file? My download folder says it's 158K.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Petezilla,

That close to the correct file size for version 4.2.0:

Have you been downloading from the 1Password Extension page, tried multiple times, and restarted Safari before any retries?

If it's still failing to fully download with Safari, can you try downloading it with a different browser and let us know how that goes? Thanks!

• Petezilla
    Petezilla
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

I've tried downloading many times. Rebooted Safari. I'm new to 1Password, but it appears it will only download the ext version based on the browser I'm using. For instance, I tried Chrome and that was the ext version offered. Could you maybe just email me the ext? [removed email address --Admin]

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Petezilla,

I'm sorry you're still having trouble with the extension download. Here's a direct link for version 4.2.1 of the 1Password extension for Safari:

https://d13itkw33a7sus.cloudfront.net/dist/1P/ext/1Password-4.2.1.safariextz

If you're viewing this in Safari, try dragging that link into a Chrome tab to download the file. When it's opened after that (e.g. by double-clicking), Safari should then prompt you to install it:

I hope that works for you. :)

• Petezilla
    Petezilla
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I got that working. Thanks. The user guide doesn't say anything about the password generator. Where can I read about using it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @Petezilla,

I'm so glad to hear that @sjk's steps got the browser extension installed for you! Now, our documents team are currently working on polishing up some great new support articles for 1Password 4, but we don't yet have one for the password generator.

I'll do my best to introduce you to this handy feature here:

You can access the password generator in the main app by clicking on the combination lock icon next to the password field. The 'show password recipe' option will show you all of the ways that you can customize your password.

You can also access the password generator directly from the browser extension and the 1Password Mini. Same rules apply, just click on the available options to customize your password. The 'Fill' button will fill your new password into the password fields on the webpage you are viewing, and by default copy this new password onto your clipboard so that you can easily update your Login entry if 1Password doesn't prompt you to save.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the password generator, we'd be happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.