Logging into Banking Sites Broken by 4.1 and 4.2 extension

Options
VirgilBoy
VirgilBoy
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

I suddenly have problems with logins on Tangerine and TD Bank (US). It seemed to have the same problem with 4.1 in Safari, right before 4.2 was installed a short time ago.

On Tangerine, I have created logins that answer the various security questions that comprise the second login page, then the PIN on the third page. These fail to get the correct info now.

On TD Bank, there is just a single login page, but that has stopped working.

Manual copy and paste works fine, so it seems to be something in the 4.1.and 4.2 Safari extensions.

Funny enough, logging into TD Canada Trust Easyweb is still working correctly.

EDIT: I have just tried Firefox, and 1PW is correctly entering various logins on TD Bank and Tangerine. However, auto-submit is failing. I had earlier run the auto submit script and that made Safari happy.

Possibly Safari 7.0.4 is part of this issue??

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @VirgilBoy‌

The 4.2 extension update made a lot of great changes to the way 1Password manages filling, including making it much more precise. Unfortunately, this means that you may need to update a few of your existing Logins to work with 1Password's new filling strategies. Let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know the site's address so we can test it?

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

I shall work on it. Thanks, Megan

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Happy to help, @VirgilBoy,

Please let me know if you're still seeing issues after re-creating the Login and we'll dig a bit further!

This discussion has been closed.