Can different Login list entries share the same username/password?

Options
SVanDee
SVanDee
Community Member

I see how to use the new, multiple URL feature to put the URLs for all my Google services in one Login item so the username/password only has to be updated in one place. Very nice. Thank you.

However, the only way I’ve figured out how to access a particular service is to select the “Google” item in the browser or menu bar’s drop down list, wait for the Details to appear, and then select the particular URL. Is there some way to have different names for the services appear in the drop down lists so I get there in one step?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SVanDee,

There are two different ways you could approach this:

1. Create a separate Login for each service (yes, you will be able to create multiple entries with the same username/password combination, but these Logins will show up in the 'Duplicate Passwords' category of our Security Audit, because it will appear that you are using the same password for multiple sites, which is not recommended.)
    2. Manually type the URL for the service you wish to visit into the browser. When the log in screen appears, use ⌘\ to fill your details.

It's not quite one step, but I hope this helps! :)

• SVanDee
    SVanDee
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your usual quick and careful reply. That's about what I'd figured out. If there's a "wish list" somewhere, I'd like add this. Perhaps the username/password fields could include a "Same as" option/link where we could enter the name of another Login item. Or maybe a "Login Name" field could be added to the right of each "website" field.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SVanDee,

Thanks so much for the feedback! You're not the only one who is interested in being able to link items, and I'll be happy to add your vote to the existing request in our issue tracker.

This discussion has been closed.