Password generator not copied to paste buffer in Chrome, Safari or FF

Options
rich1383
rich1383
Community Member

This has happened to me numerous times. I want to generate a random password for use in a document, not in a web site. I pull up the (pick any Mac browser) and click the 1P icon, choose Password Generator. A random pwd appears (new each time), but it is not copied by default, nor is it copied when I highlight it and hit -C. I think only a reboot of my machine solves this, and then it works for a while.

Any ideas?

Comments

• rich1383
    rich1383
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry - running 1P version 4.4 on Mac 10.9.3

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rich1383,

Could you please open the password generator in 1Password Mini and click on the arrow next to the 'Fill' button. Confirm for me that the 'Copy to Clipboard Before Filling' option is selected.

• mpinjp
    mpinjp
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem - trying to copy a generated password to the clipboard. I've tried the 'Copy to Clipboard Before Filling' option, Control "C", Shift, Control "C" - nothing.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @mpinjp‌

To simply copy a generated password, click on the arrow next to the 'Fill' button and click the 'Copy' option.

EDIT: We've just released an update to 1Password (version 4.4.1, available to both webstore and Mac App Store users) that adds the Cmd-C functionality to the password generator. Simply triple-click the password to select, then use Cmd-C. :)

• mpinjp
    mpinjp
    Community Member
    Options

Yes - I've tried that, and it's not working - not copying anything to the clipboard.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Are you using any special clipboard app?

Stephen

• mpinjp
    mpinjp
    Community Member
    Options

OK, so I just updated to 4.4.1, and rebooted, and it seems to work fine now - as well as the triple clicking and Cmd-C. Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mpinjp‌

I'm so glad to hear that 4.4.1 has copy behaving properly for you! Thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.