Login Fails with pop up window on Mactopia

http://www.officeformac.com/ms/ProductForums If you try to sign in, a js pop up window appears and 1P will not fill out the form at all.
This is happening more and more lately with more sites.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2010
    jefferis wrote:

http://www.officefor...s/ProductForums If you try to sign in, a js pop up window appears and 1P will not fill out the form at all.

Hi Jeff,

If the site has been changed, 1Password needs to update the Login as well. I was able to get 1Password to fill in the details on that site consistently by saving it again.

Please try saving the login manually like this:

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.
    3. Set the Action field to Create New Login (or to Replace <login-name>, to update an existing Login item).
    4. Click the Save button.

Please let me know if it works for you now.
  • jefferis
    jefferis
    Community Member
    jefferis wrote:

http://www.officeformac.com/ms/ProductForums If you try to sign in, a js pop up window appears and 1P will not fill out the form at all.

Thanks. That works. What gives? Why does resaving the login fix the problem?
    Jeff
  • jefferis wrote:

Thanks. That works. What gives? Why does resaving the login fix the problem?
    Jeff

Jeff,

1Password associate the login/password to the specific input fields by storing the field names. When there's a design change in the site like the new popup window, they never really use the same field names. So 1Password needs to resave the login in order to store the new field names.
  • MikeT wrote:

Hi Jeff,

If the site has been changed, 1Password needs to update the Login as well. I was able to get 1Password to fill in the details on that site consistently by saving it again.

Please try saving the login manually like this:

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.
    3. Set the Action field to Create New Login (or to Replace <login-name>, to update an existing Login item).
    4. Click the Save button.

Please let me know if it works for you now.

I'm having a similar problem in Firefox with the popup login dialog on Image Shack <http://imageshack.us/>. It keeps wanting to fill in a search text field with my email address, which should go in the popup's email field. Following the above procedure, 1Password associates a field name of "q" (the name in the html) with my email address and checks a check box in the popup, ignoring the email and password fields in the popup. In the html, neither of the input text boxes are named, but have ids. I used the ids l_login and l_password from the html as field names in 1PW but it still won't fill in the popup login. In Safari this method enters the password in both the email and the password inputs of the popup. In Chrome, it works correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mac OS 10.6.4
    Firefox 3.6.9
    1Password 3.4.4
    Firefox 1Password Add-on 3.4.4
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hi Ohce,

Welcome to the forums. I'm sorry you are having this trouble.

Unfortunately, there are some things that website programmers can do to make it impossible for 1Password to do its job. We are constantly striving for 100% success, but of the over 1 trillion sites on the Internet, there will undoubtedly be some that (often unknowingly) work against 1Password.

ImageShack, since it does not use input name attributes, makes it difficult for 1Password to do its job. 1Password works flawlessly with standards-based HTML forms. Please contact the website owners directly and ask them if they realize that they are using nonstandard HTML on their login form which makes life difficult for not only users of 1Password like your yourself but also may create accessibility issues for disabled users employing assistive technology. Many times, companies are not even aware of the problem and are happy to fix it.

I encourage you to contact them and voice your opinion.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now, but please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

While I do not have a time frame for when or if 1Password will work with ImageShack, we are always working to improve 1Password's form filling capabilities. Thanks for letting us know about the ImageShack issue!
  • Martin59
    Martin59
    Community Member
    on mactopia office forums I have to open the popup on clicking "login" then
    after that filling and sending by clicking the 1P button, fill and send works

but not in one step, not automatically. any ideas? thanks
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Please take a look at our "Website Login Issues" guide.

Note especially that editing the login to change the Submit value from "If Autosubmit is ON" to "Never" works on a lot of sites which modify the form before submitting it or are looking for a literal key press or mouse click. This will give you the chance to actually give them what they are looking for by submitting the form yourself rather than allowing 1Password to do it on your behalf.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.