Android b19 Slow on initial sync?

Options
bruinbits
bruinbits
Community Member

I'm new to the Android Beta program as of... right now. I run an iPhone 4S and a Samsung Galaxy S4 (current GPE ROM). I had to re-sync my iPhone from scratch and, obviously, sync my Android for the first time. I use Dropbox syncing. The Android phone took maybe 10 minutes to sync - craaaaaazzzzyyy sllllooooow. I vaguely remember that Android 1Password Reader is slow too. My iPhone, which is significantly slower hardware, took ~1 minute to completely sync.

I'm posting in an attempt to be helpful. Is there something about the Android Beta that is expectedly slower? Maybe this is Android overall? Anyway, the [lack of] performance was obtrusive to my user experience so I'm mentioning it!

Comments

• ag1pwun
    ag1pwun
    Community Member
    Options

Syncing 133 items on a Droid Razr running OS 4.4.2 to Dropbox consistently takes around 10 seconds. There are a few variables that can affect sync performance. How many items in your vault(s)? Using wi-fi or cell service? If cell, is transmission at 3G, 4G?

• saad
    Options

The very first sync takes a little longer since it downloads all of your items and included attachments. It also comes down to the size of your data file (agilekeychain), device hardware and network speed. I would recommend using WiFi to sync your items if you have a large data file with a lot of attachments. On iOS, your initial sync is done in the background. This is something we are looking to also implement on Android.

This discussion has been closed.