Password not being filled for credit union site

Options
joekun
joekun
Community Member

I can't recall if it was after a 1password update, or after my credit union changed their website, but for a while now I have been unable to log in using a single 1password entry. As seems to be standard these days they use a 2 step process, where you enter your username and a 2nd page is loaded where you input your password. When I get to the password page 1password fills something in the password box (I'm assuming it is my username, but it is hidden) and a new page loads telling me I have entered the incorrect password. I created a 2nd entry in 1password that only contains my password with no username, and that will log me in. However it is a bit of a hassle having to go back up to 1password mini and click the 2nd entry to fill the password. How can we go about troubleshooting this problem?

The website is cuonline.firstent.org and I would be happy to help fixing this issue. BTW, I am using 4.3, just downloaded from the app store today in hopes this issue would be fixed, but no luck.

Thanks!

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hi @joekun,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble with 1Password! Lets figure out whats going on.

Lets start by trying this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Go into the login item, and manually add your password to the item.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

Let us know if that works for you. If not, please let us know at what step the trouble began, and we'll continue from there.

• jeff2014
    jeff2014
    Community Member
    Options

I had a similar problem with a 2 page login on another site and your instructions worked perfectly. Thanks.

• Jasper
    Options

On behalf of Meek, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.