Feature Request: Searchable Section Headers

Options
parasight
parasight
Community Member

It would be awesome if you could make section headers searchable. I've been switching a few of my logins over to 2-factor authorization and I'm using a separate section per item called "Two-Factor Auth" with all of the relevant details. I set up a smart folder to list any items that contain that string, but it comes up with zero results since section headers are not included in searches. Any chance you could add that?

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @parasight,

Section headers should already be included in search if you use the Search All Fields option:

Does that work for you?

• parasight
    parasight
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @JasperP, I tried that but still no results:

An entry usually looks like this:

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @parasight,

Sorry, it turns out I was wrong. The item I tested had the same value in both the section header and a custom field label.

But, this may work for you instead. Since the custom field labels are included in search, you could search for "backup code" instead (if that is consistent across items).

I will also let our developers know that you'd like to see section headers included in search as well. Thanks for the feedback!

• parasight
    parasight
    Community Member
    Options

That's a good idea, it seems to work for now. Section headers would be a good addition, though. Thanks!

• Jasper
    Options

You're welcome! Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.