Safari extension not working any longer [resolved with system restart]

Options
Steinthal
Steinthal
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

After installing the last beta and now version 4.4.1 the Safari Extension (4.2.1/4.2.2b) is not working or recognized. 1Password mini keeps telling me to add the Safari extension. Neither the regular nor the beta version does the trick. I've manually deinstalled the extension and reinstalled. Closed both Safari (7.0.4) and 1Password mini and restarted them.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Steinthal,

Please ensure that you have no firewalls engaged that might interfere with the communication between the Mini and the browser extension.

I'd also like you to try restarting your computer. I initially had issues with the Safari extension as well, but a restart got everything behaving properly.

I hope this helps you, but if you're still having difficulties, please let me know and we'll investigate further.

• Danevas
    Danevas
    Community Member
    Options

I have installed the beta of Yosemite on my computer yesterday (6.9.14). I too am having difficulty with safari beta extensions. It is asking me to run the mini. Once I activate it, 1 password works fine, but each time I restart my computer open safari clicking on 1password takes me to agile bits website and I have to do the process all over again. Hope you are working on an upgrade for yosemite operating system?

• Danevas
    Danevas
    Community Member
    Options

My note was a bit premature. Safari extensions are now working in Yosemite beta Mac operating system. Thanks.

• Jasper
    Options

I'm glad to hear it's working now! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• Steinthal
    Steinthal
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @Megan,

just to let you know: Restarting my MBP indeed solved the problem. Thanks.

• Jasper
    Options

On behalf of Megan, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.