The "About" Window Always Shows Version 4.0.3 Even Though I've Installed Version 4.4.1

Options
WEarnestGainse
WEarnestGainse
Community Member

Through the Mac App Store, today, I've installed Version 4.4.1 of 1Password. The "About..." continues to always show version 4.0.3.
I realize this is a niggling issue, but shouldn't the response to the query reflect what is actually installed?
Thank you, everyone. (Maybe this question has been asked and answered already.)

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

This is very odd. I'm not aware that a version 4.0.3 was ever released: at least, it's not listed in the release notes. Even it was, there's something very odd about what you're seeing. When did you last update 1P4 from the Mac App Store (there were a lot of version 4 releases before 4.4.1)?

Stephen

• WEarnestGainse
    WEarnestGainse
    Community Member
    Options

I installed 1P v4.4.1 from the Mac App Store on June 6. That Version 4.0.3 has been sitting there for a long time and I wasn't keeping track. Even if I look at the 1Password in the Applications Folder in Finder it shows the same V4.0.3 with the following: Created October 9, 2013 at 12:34 AM ; Modified October 9, 2013 at 12:34 AM ; Last opened October 15, 2013 at 10:21 PM --- The 1P app is in a 1P folder. (Wayland T)

• WEarnestGainse
    WEarnestGainse
    Community Member
    Options

On machine "A", I have Mac OS X 10.7.5. This Macbook Pro is quite old. There 1Password is version 3.9.6. That is the end of the line for the software on that machine. On machine "B", I have Mac OS X version 10.9.3. (...because machine "A" can't run Mavericks...) I most likely migrated my stuff from machine "A" to machine "B" and then upgraded 1Password on machine "B". I wasn't too attentive, I guess. Anyway, after a while I noticed that with subsequent upgrades to 1Password that the version 4.0.3 seemed stuck in the "About..." display. By the way, this display for version 4.x.x is much more elaborate than that given for version 3.9.6. I missed something somewhere and I don't know what. No clue. (Wayland T)

• WEarnestGainse
    WEarnestGainse
    Community Member
    Options

Postscript:
    I run both machines, sharing the Wi-Fi Time Capsule. I let my visitors use the older Macbook Pro to access their Yahoo mail and Facebook and such. (Wayland T)

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @WEarnestGainse,

So we can look into this, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac (the one displaying as 4.0.3), along with a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• WEarnestGainse
    WEarnestGainse
    Community Member
    Options

JasperP,

I sent the report and the robot answered. So, I sent again to "support+forum@agilebits.com".

(Wayland T)

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @WEarnestGainse,

According to the diagnostic report, you do in fact have the old version 4.0.3 installed still. The About window is correct.

Could you please delete all the 1Password apps you can find in the Applications folder. Be sure both of these get deleted:

~/Applications/1Password.localized/1Password.app

~/Applications/Applications/1Password.localized/1Password.app

Once you've delete those, please re-install 1Password from the purchased section of the Mac App Store.

Please note that deleting the app from the Applications folder does not affect your 1Password's data.

• WEarnestGainse
    WEarnestGainse
    Community Member
    Options

Okay. Will do. Thank you.

• Jasper
    Options

You're welcome! Let me know how it goes. :)

• WEarnestGainse
    WEarnestGainse
    Community Member
    Options

I'm done! I used CleanMyMac 2 to uninstall "my 1Password stuff". Indeed, there were two copies of 1Password of different sizes, plus a whole lot of other files, some of 0 bytes in length. I was reminded of a fumble fingered mistake I made quite some time ago: I made an alias pointer of the entire Applications folder inside the Applications folder. That mistake never seemed to cause a problem, I thought. But this time around, I decided I had best get rid of that monstrosity. So, I did. (I had to install some other applications from the App Store. Thankfully, they weren't super apps that would make the machine stop working.)

So, I am now running a single copy of 1Password whose "About..." says version 4.4.1.

Thank you, JasperP.

(Wayland T)

• Jasper
    Options

You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that you got it sorted out. :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.