Usability: Creating New Secure Notes

Options
ZamboniMan
ZamboniMan
Community Member

One thing I find a little annoying is not being left on a newly created note in the desktop version of 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store.

• Click on an existing note.
  • Click on the + on the tool bar
  • Select Secure Note
  • Enter the contents for the note.
  • Click on Save

Now you're left showing the previous note you had highlighted and have to go searching for your new note so you can proofread what you just saved.

Also, I spent a while trying to figure out how to print out just one note without my entire collection going to the printer. Why is the print option hidden under sharing? It would be much more intuitive to have a print option at the top level menu when you right click on an item.

I suppose prompting again for the lock password is intended to show that you're going to be printing a lot more than you expect to be printing but it would be better to state that in the popup dialog box. ie. Are you sure you want to print 2,987 notes?

Glad to see that the notes print out in a large enough font that I can actually read them considering the screen size is impossible to read without a lot of magnification. Definitely looking forward to future releases with more font control. :)

Also just noticed that the preview option below cuts off the text after about 20 lines of text without any option to scroll up and down to see the entire post contents.

All in all, just minor issues. Everything else is great so far.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

One thing I find a little annoying is not being left on a newly created note in the desktop version of 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store.

Click on an existing note.
    Click on the + on the tool bar
    Select Secure Note
    Enter the contents for the note.
    Click on Save
    Now you're left showing the previous note you had highlighted and have to go searching for your new note so you can proofread what you just saved.

Sorry, neither I nor one of my colleagues was able to reproduce this issue. The new item is always displayed after clicking Save.

Does it happen every time? Also, are you using the latest version (4.4.1)?

Also, I spent a while trying to figure out how to print out just one note without my entire collection going to the printer. Why is the print option hidden under sharing? It would be much more intuitive to have a print option at the top level menu when you right click on an item.

Thanks for the feedback about printing. I will pass this along to our developers. :)

Also just noticed that the preview option below cuts off the text after about 20 lines of text without any option to scroll up and down to see the entire post contents.

I'm not quite sure what preview option you're referring to. Could you please provide a bit more information?

• ZamboniMan
    ZamboniMan
    Community Member
    Options

1Password
    Version 4.4.1 (441006)
    Mac App Store

Turns it doesn't happen every time. After a reboot, new notes get the focus like you'd expect. Not sure what sequence of events led to the improper focus but I'll keep an eye open for a more reliable way to reproduce the problem. I have hundreds of notes to go so I'll have plenty of opportunity to look for a repeat of the problem.

The preview option I'm referring to is for posting comments in this forum. [Preview] [Save Draft] [Post Comment]

• Jasper
    Options

Turns it doesn't happen every time. After a reboot, new notes get the focus like you'd expect. Not sure what sequence of events led to the improper focus but I'll keep an eye open for a more reliable way to reproduce the problem. I have hundreds of notes to go so I'll have plenty of opportunity to look for a repeat of the problem

Thanks! Please let us know if you find anything. :)

The preview option I'm referring to is for posting comments in this forum. [Preview] [Save Draft] [Post Comment]

Ah, got it — I was thinking you were referring to 1Password. However, I'm also not able to reproduce this issue (in Safari at least) — a scroll bar appeared when I tested it.

• ZamboniMan
    ZamboniMan
    Community Member
    Options

I also use Safari but in full screen mode so maybe there is a difference in behavior between windowed versus full screen. I'll test it out the next time I have a long post.

• Jasper
    Options

Sounds good! :)

This discussion has been closed.