Cmd+\ shortcut not working in Chrome [resolved; configured Sophos]

Options
samstarling
samstarling
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

Has anyone ever come across the "Cmd+\" shortcut not working in Chrome? I'm using:

• Chrome 33.0.1750.152
  • 1Password 4.2.2 (422001)
  • OS X 10.8.5

Things I've tried already, that haven't helped:

• Uninstalling and re-installing the Chrome extension. 1Password Mini gives the option to "Add Chrome Extension..."
  • Enabled "Enable integration with 3rd party apps"
  • Disabled "Verify browser code signature"
  • Restarted my machine
  • Verified the keyboard shortcut settings
  • Tried a different keyboard

Is there anything else I should try? The keyboard shortcut for showing 1Password Mini works just fine.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @samstarling‌,

Thanks so much for providing the detailed report here! I'd like to know just a bit more though: how is the extension not working here? Please let me know how you are using 1Password to log in to a site. Include all the steps that you take, including what you expect to happen and what actually happens.

I'd also like you to take a look through our article: 1Password fails to fill data, which has solutions to many common filling problems. :)

• samstarling
    samstarling
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi Megan,

Here's what I expect to happen:

1. Visit a site in Chrome that asks me to log in
    2. Hit Cmd+\
    3. The login should be filled in and the form submitted

Instead, at step 3, nothing happens. I've checked that article, and here are the results:

1. The extension version is 4.1.1.90.
    2. I am using Chrome, a supported browser.
    3. I'm not using any anti-malware software.
    4. I don't use the MAS version of 1Password, and my browser is located in /Applications.
    5. I'm not using Firefox.
    6. I am using a proxy, but I tried this on a few networks (with and without proxies) and the same problem occurs each time. 127.0.0.1 is in the list of IPs to bypass.
    7. I am not using a VPN client.

I hope that helps! Let me know if there's anything else I might need to check.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @samstarling‌,

Thanks so much for getting back to me with those details - that helps a lot! Everything looks good so far, so we'll have to dig a little deeper here:

• Is this behaviour consistent across all websites and every time you try to log in? Or are there only certain sites/situations that cause a problem?
    • Do you have multiple profiles installed in Chrome?
  • samstarling
    samstarling
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

• Yes, it happens all the time, on every site I try. Incidentally, it also happens in Safari, so it's not just a Chrome thing. I also tried re-installing the Safari extension, but without any luck.
    • No – I have just a single Chrome profile.

Thanks,
    Sam

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @samstarling‌,

Ok, let's take a closer look at your system here to see where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• samstarling
    samstarling
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan - thanks, I've just done exactly that.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @samstarling‌

Thanks so much for sending that in! Someone from the support team will respond directly via email so we don't get things muddled up between here and there. :)

• dimple
    dimple
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

@Megan‌, I also have this same issue (and Sophos). Can you provide steps to resolve please?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @dimple,

For details about configuring Sophos to resolve this issue, please take a look at @JasperP's post here:

Proven Solution (post #33)

I hope that works for you, too. :)

This discussion has been closed.