Can't Delete Country Field

Options
Ruffseas
Ruffseas
Community Member

First, let me say that I have been really happy with 1Password and couldn't do without it! I am a pet sitter and use the identity section to store important client info like garage codes and such. Just for added safety, they are only listed by name with no addresses on the cards. I just can't seem to remove the "country" field, so every card has this big blank address section on top with the zombie country field present.

How can I remove/delete the Country field?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I don't see anyway to remove any of the address fields, but all but the country won't show if you leave them empty. The country for me is automatically filled in, so it always shows. And I don't see an option to select a blank country from the drop down list either.

• Ruffseas
    Ruffseas
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for taking a look at that. I've been messing with this for a while. All the other optional fields, when left blank, will disappear. I thought if I removed the country field the address section would disappear also. Maybe there's a reason it can't be removed. Maybe I should just make friends with the country field and live happily ever after.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Ruffseas,

There is no way to remove the Country field currently. Thanks for the feedback!

If an identity item is not working well for this use case, you may want to look at using a different category for it (such as a secure note).

• Ruffseas
    Ruffseas
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info. I will look into the secure note.

• Jasper
    Options

You're welcome! Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.