4.2 Extension - Truncated Password autofilled for ib.nab.com.au

Options
ThePfy
ThePfy
Community Member

Hi,

I have seen in the forums that the 4.2 extension update changed how the autofill has worked, but didn't see a post about the behaviour that I am seeing.

For my login at https://ib.nab.com.au/nabib/index.jsp, whenever I use autofill it is only filling in 8 characters in the password field (of course, my password is longer). I have tried "Saving A New Login" manually but that doesn't seem to be changing the behaviour. The "NAB ID" field is fine though - it's just the password that is not working correctly. Manual copying and pasting of the password from 1password is working however.

I can confirm that this is happening with both the Chrome and Firefox extensions.

I can also confirm that the 4.1 extension was working correctly - on my machine Chrome had autoupdated the version of the extension, but my Firefox didn't have the updated version of the extension (ie. was still running 4.1). In that scenario, Chrome was displaying this broken behaviour and Firefox was not - however once I forced Firefox to update the extension, I started seeing the same broken behaviour.

I am running the non-MAS version of 1password (4.4.1).

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @ThePfy,

Could you please give this a try:

Let me know if that works! :)

• ThePfy
    ThePfy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @JasperP‌

Yep, that did the trick - all is good again with that login!

Is there any explanation for it? Is it something I need to keep an eye out for with other logins (haven't seen it so far with any others......)?

Thanks again for your help! :-)

• Jasper
    Options

You're welcome! I'm glad that helped. :)

I'm actually not sure why this particular site is having an issue. For some reason, the extension is not correctly recognizing the fields when saving the login. We'll look into it!

This discussion has been closed.