Keyboard shortcut to activate 1Password mini? [⌥⌘\]

Options
BD1
BD1
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

Is there a keyboard shortcut to activate 1password mini?

Comments

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @BD1,

Yes, there is. :)

⌥⌘\

(Option+Command+\)

• BD1
    BD1
    Community Member
    Options

Great. Thanks!

• Jasper
    Options

You're welcome! Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help! :)

• joshuaholland
    joshuaholland
    Community Member
    Options

Opt-Cmd-/ opens Mini, but Cmd-/ also opens Mini, even though it is set to fill web page in Prefs. It seems no matter what I put in Prefs, both those combinations open Mini. Do we still need the browser extension (Safari)?

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @joshuaholland,

Do we still need the browser extension (Safari)?

Yes. 1Password mini and what you see when you use the browser extension is the exact same thing. 1Password mini's UI is the front end to the browser extensions. The browser extension itself is required to integrate with the browser, to look at the site's source code and allow for the auto-filling to work, in addition to submitting the form, and detecting Login forms to save data for new Login items.

Opt-Cmd-/ opens Mini, but Cmd-/ also opens Mini, even though it is set to fill web page in Prefs.

First, please ensure that you have the browser extension installed.

When you press ⌘\, are you on a webpage with a login form? And is there a login saved for that site in 1Password?

• joshuaholland
    joshuaholland
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I have the extension installed. So, is the expected behavior: I am at a web page with a login. I use the key command for the browser extension. 1Password Mini pops up.
    Or should the browser extension pop up instead? Again what I am seeing is that when using the browser extension key combo, Mini pops up. I can manually click on the browser extension in the Safari tool bar, but if Mini is supposed to do the same thing, then that's fine.
    My only issue is that I have run into a few sites that work fine manually with the browser extension and not with Mini.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @joshuaholland,

That's expected behaviour — when you press ⌘\, mini will appear. 1Password mini and what you see when you use the browser extension is the exact same thing. Pressing the browser extension button will simply display 1Password mini UI in a different position. When you use the keyboard shortcut, there's no way for us to get the location of the browser extension icon — that's why mini appears in the OS X menu bar instead of beside the browser icon.

This discussion has been closed.