1Password keyboard shortcuts no longer work in Safari 7.0.4 [moved to email]

Options
wiseguy
wiseguy
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

I have been using 1Password for years but recently, for two or three weeks now, 1Password keyboard shortcuts are no longer work in Safari 7.0.4 on my Mac. I have tried re-downloading the browser extension and reinstalling it, with success. It's getting to be a bit of a pain now. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is going on?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wiseguy,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. Please check in Preferences > General and confirm that your keyboard shortcuts are as you expect them to be. You might also want to check in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts and make sure that there are no other apps attempting to use the same shortcuts.

If all looks well and good there, I'll need a bit more information to track this issue down. When you say 'not working', are the shortcuts not opening 1Password Mini, not filling your data in, or not correctly submitting your data after filling? If you could provide a bit more information about your issue, we should be able to better track it down. If there are a few sites that are misbehaving, for example, it would be handy to have the URLs so that we can do some testing on our end. :)

• wiseguy
    wiseguy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan

Thanks for getting back to me. I can confirm that my 1Password keyboard shortcuts are as I expect them to be and that there are no other apps attempting to use the same shortcuts. To be precise, the shortcut for 1Password does indeed work but the one for filling the login data does not, in any website. Hope this helps

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @wiseguy,

So we can investigate, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• wiseguy
    wiseguy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi JasperP

As requested, I have emailed you a diagnostic report. Hope it helps.

Max

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

Thanks for sending the report! I see that Eva from our support team has responded — we'll keep working with you via email until this is resolved. :)

This discussion has been closed.