I would like a keyboard shortcut for the browser extension

Options
jaylindell
jaylindell
Community Member

There used to be one in pre V.4 that opened it in place in the browser toolbar; unless I missed it in the prefs, in the User Guide and on the web, now the only available keyboard shortcut opens the mini-app window, which is locked to the upper right side of the menu bar. The issue I have with this is a pure personal preference: I don't like cascading menu/windows opening to the left, which is what the mini-app window now does.

I know, first-world problem :-) It's an otherwise minor irritation for a wonderfully life-enhancing program.

Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

When you click on the extension button, you are actually opening the mini application. The actual version 4 extension doesn't have a UI (the version 3 extension did) So it is hard for the mini application to know where the extension button is, or so I have been told by Agilebits.

One solution is to disable the mini app's icon in the menu bar. If you now use the keyboard shortcut, it will always open slightly left of the middle of the screen, allowing menus to open on the right side.

• jaylindell
    jaylindell
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Xe....I can definitely live with this.

• Jasper
    Options

I'm glad Xe997's suggestion was helpful.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.