1P4 Mac Latest Upgrade Crashed

Options
grb2005
grb2005
Community Member

Upgraded when prompted earlier today to 1P4 (latest sub version). Was previously up to date. Now, either in the browser Chrome when clinking on the mini icon, or when trying to open the 1P4 program on my Mac, I get the following dialog box (program never actually opens). "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini. Please restart 1Password. If this does not help, please contact AgileBits Support."
I have rebooted the computer and restarted 1P4. Problem persists. Need to get it working again please. Thanks.

Comments

• eteleilles
    eteleilles
    Community Member
    Options

The same happened here. I can't use 1password now, and reinstall doesn't help. (OSX 10.9.3)

• hbruinsma
    hbruinsma
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Doing a clean install (also remove all 1password settings files in ~/Library, ~/Preferences, etc) fixed it for me. Not sure which file was the problem though…

• makingmemark
    makingmemark
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same problem. hbruinsma: does doing a clean install remove all saved passwords though? Could you provide more information on how to do this clean install? Ta.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

See this knowledge base article for starting over.

• makingmemark
    makingmemark
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, as Stephen_C posted, following the steps under "Rename the Data Folder" (I had to use the "If you use the AgileBits Store version" section ), and downloading the latest version of the application worked for me. I just renamed the old application to "1 Password_old", copied the new version of the app into the Applications directoy and ran it from there. It detected my old data and every sync'd up : http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/start-over.html

• grb2005
    grb2005
    Community Member
    Options

All, thanks for the comments. The procedures for starting over and a complete reinstall worked for me. Thanks all. Yay!

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

I'm glad to hear that everyone was able to get this issue fixed! :)

For anyone else seeing a 1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini error message, please see: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/129844/#Comment_129844

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.