2 questions about 1password

Options
Tyler Shannon
Tyler Shannon
Community Member
  1. Can the app log you in to other apps? For instance if im shopping in the Amazon App..will I need to put the password in or with 1password give me the option to put it in?..or is this basically just good if your going to log in on a web browser?
  2. Can my wife and I use 1password for Iphone if we use the same store account?
    Thanks
    T

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options
    1. At the moment (iOS 7 and below) the answer is a firm no, iOS doesn't allow this. You will have to go into 1Password for iOS, copy your password and then jump back to the app. iOS 8 has something called extensions but iOS 8 is in beta (and only just been relaxed for that matter) and extensions are quite limited in what they're allowed to do. I believe an action extension for Safari will allow modification of the DOM (in theory allowing a 1Password mini extension like desktop browsers have at the moment) but other apps could be an entirely different matter.
    2. If both iPhones log into the same account for updates and apps then yeah, both of you can use 1Password from a single purchase, just like any other app purchased via iTunes. Same goes for 1Password 4 for OS X if purchased via the app store.
  • hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I thought I would just add that the OS X version won't submit credentials to other applications either. It only submits to web forms. I think that is implied in @littlebobbytables‌ comment, but I wasn't quite sure. There are many users who have asked for that to be added, but I have no idea whether is is even feasible.

This discussion has been closed.