1password failed to connect to 1password mini [see last post for additional information]

Options
pixshafer
pixshafer
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

I received this message after updating 1password today. I tried to restart the program without success. I restarted my computer. Still no luck.

The message: 1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini. Please restart 1Password. If this does not help, please contact AgileBits support.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• pixshafer
    pixshafer
    Community Member
    Options

I sent an email to customer support (as my error message suggested) and they helped me to fix the problem.

• Jasper
    edited May 2014
    Options

I'm glad to hear you've got everything fixed! :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• Haacked
    Haacked
    Community Member
    Options

Could you share what the fix was? I'm running into this problem as well.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @Haacked,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this problem as well! Restarting your computer should get this sorted out for you.

If you're still seeing problems after a restart, we'll need to take a closer look at your system. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• george_b
    george_b
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Where have all the Jedi gone?

I have installed the latest version of OS X Mavericks. I am migrating from Mountain Lion. First step? Install 1Password (App Store version) of course. But, alas, I get "1password failed to connect to 1password mini". Not to worry. I installed the AgileBits diagnostics tool and emailed my Diagnostic Report to the "Agile Support Jedi" (Sunday June 1 8:35CST).

I can't use my laptop. It's been 48 hours. How long can I expect to wait before I get a response from the Jedi?

Just asking..

Thanks

Brad

St. Charles MO

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Brad ( @george_b ),

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble and that you've been waiting for support.

I was unable to locate your email in our system based on the address attached to your forum account. If you could send me a private message with the email address you used, I'd be happy to track your Diagnostic Report down and ensure that your issue is looked at as soon as possible.

In the meantime, could you please also try this:

• Open 1Password.
    • Click the 1Password menu, hold down the Control key, and select Quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Restart the Mac.
    • Relaunch 1Password.

This might help reset the connection between 1Password and the Mini. :)

• george_b
    george_b
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Megan,

You suggest opening 1Password. The program won't even open. It hangs for about a minute, then pops up "1password failed to connect to 1password mini" with the only option being to quit.

I received a response from an agilebits "problem solver". I followed their instructions, but it didn't work at all. I have sent a copy of the result of their suggestion to them.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @george_b‌

I'm sorry to hear that my suggestions didn't help. However, I took a quick peek at your email in our system and can see that you should have received a second response from our support team with some more troubleshooting steps. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email so that we don't get things tangled up between here and there.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hello readers,

For more information about this issue, where you can also post additional comments, please refer to this topic:

Problem after upgrade — "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini" [try reinstalling app]

Primarily post #42 and post #50.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.