User name/password not syncing

Options
norcal11
norcal11
Community Member

Just started using the Android beta app and I like it quite a bit. I would hope it follows Google's standard UI but it looks ok.

However I'm noticing that some of my logins do not contain my user ID and/or password. It's syncing with dropbox just fine and the logins I'm testing are correct in my copy of 1Password for Mac 4. Not sure why some are not syncing properly. Let me know if you need more info.

I'm using ver 4.0.0b7 (build 20131229) on a stock Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.2 (build KOT49H).

Comments

• That is definitely not the kind of sync experience that we want you to have with 1Password. Our developers did a lot of work underneath the hood on Dropbox sync for beta 8. It's possible that those changes will address the issue you're experiencing. Could I get you to update to that version and see if that fixes the problem for you?

• norcal11
    norcal11
    Community Member
    Options

sorry for the delay. i'm using android beta 4.0.0b19 (build 20140603) on my nexus5. i make changes to my desktop 1password for mac (version 4.4.1) and the changes are not coming over to my phone. when i login on the phone, it syncs automatically with dropbox but the changes aren't making it into the android beta... frustrating.

• mverde
    edited June 2014
    Options

It sounds like you might be syncing to different locations. Could I get you to confirm that the sync location is the same for 1Password 4 on both your Mac and your Nexus 5?

To determine the sync location on Mac:

1. In the menu bar, click 1Password 4 > Preferences...
    2. Click the Sync tab in the Preferences Window.
    3. Note the path displayed under the Sync tab.

To determine the sync location on Android:

1. Launch 1Password and unlock your vault.
    2. If automatic sync is not enabled, start sync by tapping the sync button in the action bar.
    3. Wait for sync to complete.
    4. Pull down notification drawer from the top of the screen and tap on the "Syncing with Dropbox..." notification.
    5. Note the path in parentheses following the words "Looking for vault".

The path that you obtain from Android should match the portion of the path in your Dropbox folder on your Mac. Let me know if you need any additional help with this.

This discussion has been closed.