App store activation not working

Options
uberlord82
uberlord82
Community Member

I show an update for version 4.4.1 ( I have version 4.4) in the app store. When I try to run the update i get the message "This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled." I only have one account and have never had problems in the past with updates.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Are you saying that the error message from the App Store is incorrect? A recent change to App Store terms and conditions does not allow updates to apps in respect of which a refund has been paid.

Stephen

• uberlord82
    uberlord82
    Community Member
    Options

I never purchased from the app store. I purchased straight from agile.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I can't imagine how you can receive Mac App Store update notifications for an app you didn't purchase from the Mac App Store. Have you succeeded in updating to the AgileBits version of 4.4.1?

Stephen

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I'm with @Stephen_C on this. Is it possible you made a purchase at one time from the Mac App Store and forgot about it? And with the recent change by Apple, you shouldn't even be presented with an option to download an application that was refunded.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @uberlord82,

I did locate a record of your 1Password 4 for Mac purchase directly from us and have resent the licensing information to you.

Can you please open 1Password 4 that you've been using, select About 1Password under the main 1Password (or 1Password 4) menu, and let us know which version it is? For example:

If you're running an older version from the Mac App Store and are unable to update it we can help you switch over to the Agile Web Store version that you're licensed for.

This discussion has been closed.