Problems with 1Password 4 for Android

ddetloff
ddetloff
Community Member

I downloaded 1Password 4 for Android. Some of my logins work fine. Some won't fill in the login and password when I touch the key icon. Some will fill in the login and password when I touch the key icon but just indicate it's loading and doesn't go any further. I notice a ton of positive reviews on the Google Play Store, so I guess I must be doing something wrong. 1Password works fine on my Mac and sync seems to work OK. My phone is an ATT HTC One. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• I'm sorry to hear that some of your logins aren't working properly. I'm guessing that it's not that you are doing anything wrong, but rather that you're running into one of a few possible limitations. For example, the browser in 1Password for Android doesn't currently support multiple tabs/windows. This can prevent logins on sites that launch a separate window for logging in. If you would care to share the URLs for the sites that you are having trouble with, I would be happy to take a look and see if I can reproduce the issue on my end.

• ddetloff
    ddetloff
    Community Member

So in those instances I go to the website first then do a cut and paste just like the previous 1Password reader.

• Yes, copy and paste will be your best bet for those sites where automatic login doesn't work. Let us know if there are any particular sites that you would like us to test.

• Duncan MacFarlane
    Duncan MacFarlane
    Community Member

I've tried to load ipassword for Android on my Blackberry Z30 9 OS is BB10 ). The login with Master password shows up very briefly and then disappears ! So I cannot log in... I have it set up for MAc on my iMac.

• Thanks so much for your interest in 1Password for Android. I'm sorry that it's not working well on your Blackberry device. 1Password has been developed for and tested on a variety of devices that natively run Android OS. Unfortunately, Blackberry's Android Player is not a perfectly accurate emulation of this environment; therefore, not all Android apps will work as intended. We will do what we can to improve usability in future updates, but there are certain things we can't control: for example, when we implement in-app purchase and publish 1Password in the Google Play Store, Blackberry customers will not be able to use IAP to unlock 1Password's add/edit features.

This discussion has been closed.