Any way to set up same password for multiple entries for shared backend auth service

Options
McJock
McJock
Community Member

My company has several systems that all update their password from active directory (which acts as the master). These are all accessible from different URLs - about 6 of them - and they don't act as single sign-on - I have to sign into each of them. When I am forced to change my password every 3 months I have to go and update 6 entries in 1Password with the new password.

Is there a way I can define the same credentials (username+password) for multiple URLs so I only have to update the password in 1 entry and it works for all the different websites?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I think you can although it's nothing something I've tried as of yet (my needs haven't had this requirement so far). In a standard login item you can add multiple website fields and I think the point of that is for this exact situation. If I'm wrong somebody will no doubt correct me (and trying shouldn't cause any harm).

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @McJock,

Is there a way I can define the same credentials (username+password) for multiple URLs so I only have to update the password in 1 entry and it works for all the different websites?

To get the same effect, you can add extra website fields (URLs) to a single Login item with username/password credentials to be reused on different sites. This article has information for doing that:

Add multiple URLs to a Login item

I hope that helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.