Cannot add username to existing login item

Peter Kerwien
Peter Kerwien
Community Member

I have a login item with password and URL. But when I'm editing the item in 1password and tries to add a username and presses Save, it just says "No change". The items were synchronized from Mac via Dropbox to Android.

Using 1password 4.0.0 on HTC One (M7).

Comments

• Hi Peter,

It's possible that the item didn't get loaded correctly when you attempted to edit it. Could I get you to try exiting 1Password on your Android device and editing the item again? In this case, I would like you to completely exit the app by tapping the overflow menu, tapping exit, and then tapping OK on the confirmation dialog.

Another possibility is that the item wasn't saved properly when it was originally created. If exiting 1Password on your Android device doesn't resolve the issue, could I get you to try creating a new login item on your Mac that is the same as the existing one without a username. Once this new login item is synced to 1Password on your Android device, please check and see if you can add a username to it.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
    Michael

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

I've also sern this and was trying to get some consistent replication steps. Restarting the app seems to make the problem go away for me.

The only consistent thing I can find is that it seems to occur if you try to edit immediately after doing a manual login creation.

• Peter Kerwien
    Peter Kerwien
    Community Member

I cannot reproduce this. I removed all files and uninstalled 1password. Re-installed 1password 4.0.1 and tried to edit a username-less item. No problem to add a username.

• @RichardPayne‌ I tried creating a new login item without a username and was able to edit it right way without encountering any issues. It's possible that there is a particular step in the process that triggers the issue. If you can think of what this might be, could you let me know so that I can reproduce the issue on my end? Thanks!

@Peter Kerwien‌ I'm glad to hear that the issue is no longer a problem for you. We will continue to try to reproduce this on our end. Please let us know if you encounter this issue again!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

I'm using the password generator but that's the only thing I can think of.

• Unfortunately, that's not it as I'm doing the same thing. I'll keep trying though!

This discussion has been closed.