Sorting Categories [known issue: sidebar category re-sorting not retained between sessions]

Options
SirAtilla
SirAtilla
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

I apologize if this is a duplicate but during my searches I see a few mentions of the following issue but not a resolution nor do I see it on the list of known issues. I am using 1Password 4.4.1 from the AppStore on two machines. I also have the latest version on iOS and everything synced via DropBox. I am trying to sort the categories side bar to my liking. Seems simple enough but once I sort the list and exit and restart 1Password the list re-arranges itself. What is really strange is it appears I have one of my two macs persisting the list but not the other. iOS is persisting my preference just fine.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @SirAtilla,

Sorry for the trouble! This is currently a known issue with 1Password 4 for Mac.

After re-arranging the sidebar, could you please try quitting 1Password and 1Password mini (⌃⌘Q)? This may help save the order of the list.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SirAtilla,

If you're using multiple vaults, does the problem with sidebar category re-sorting not being retained also happen in your secondary vault(s) or only in the Primary?

• SirAtilla
    SirAtilla
    Community Member
    Options

@JasperP‌ Yes I will try that - I think after some patience I have them sorted now. @sjk I am not using multiple vaults at the moment.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followup, @SirAtilla.

Restarting 1Password mini after reordering sidebar categories in any vault, before switching vaults or only quitting the main application, is similar to the workaround @JasperP mentioned for getting the reordering to stick. It's okay to also quit the main app and 1Password needs to be unlocked again whenever mini restarts. :)

This discussion has been closed.