sync not working [resolved by resetting Dropbox sync]

Options
drschwartz
drschwartz
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

I have the 1password app on my macbooks, iphone and ipad. When I make a change on a macbook, it syncs to Dropbox immediately. However, when my iPhone syncs, there continues to be differences e.g., I just deleted one of two Groupon Logins on my macbook but I now see two on my iPhone. Why would this be?

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @drschwartz,

Please try completely re-setting Dropbox sync:

• On your iOS device(s), open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service, then Disable Sync.

• On your Mac(s), open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password 4 menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and then Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.
    • Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• Restart all your devices.

• On your Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back to any other Macs and iOS devices and re-enable Dropbox sync.

Let me know if that helps. :)

• drschwartz
    drschwartz
    Community Member
    Options

seemed to work, thx!

• Jasper
    Options

You're welcome! Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.