iOS8: Fresh Install, Dropbox Sync fails

Options
trancable
trancable
Community Member

I'm sure you're going through the paces yourself - but thought I'd call out that Dropbox sync setup fails on iOS8. Dropbox is shown, and I hit Allow, but on return to the app, a mostly blank screen is presented. From then on, it's a crash on startup.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @trancable‌

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! As you can imagine, our developers are really excited about all the new opportunities with iOS 8. We'll do what we can to ensure that 1Password 4 for iOS works smoothly in the new beta just as soon as possible!

• pcryan
    pcryan
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. What makes it a bore is 1Password MAC does not use iCloud so I can't connect that way to sync up.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pcryan‌

What version of 1Password for Mac do you have installed? 1Password 4 for Mac does, in fact, support iCloud sync. If you already own 1Password 3 for Mac, you are eligible for a discount if you decide to upgrade to 1Password 4 for Mac. Simply enter your existing license information on our upgrade page. :)

• Hotblue
    Hotblue
    Community Member
    Options

Get 1Password 4 and choose whatever sync suits you (Dropbox, WiFi and iCloud).

• pcryan
    pcryan
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

AH ha - stupid me - when I went to sync tab I just saw disable sync. of course disable dropbox makes iCloud visible. Great stuff.

Just have to figure how to stop it from crashing on IOS8 now each time I launch it to set up iCloud. :)]

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pcryan,

Our developers have been working to ensure that 1Password 4 for iOS works smoothly in iOS8, you should see an update soon that fixes the crashyness. :)

• marqu3s
    marqu3s
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there!
    I subscribed to beta program using this link https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/new, I got an welcome email but I don't know how to get the iOS 8 beta version of 1password. Can someone help me?

• sovanbu
    sovanbu
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hey @marqu3s‌,

Once you are accepted, which may take little while for a member of the 1Password team to look at your submission, you'll receive further instructions.

Basically there will be another email from "HockyApp" which will have you click a link, create a account, and then give you another link to download the beta. It is very simple and well written. If you have any issues once you're accepted just post back here.

• marqu3s
    marqu3s
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! I'm still waiting.

• Jasper
    Options

We've received a very large number of beta applications recently, so we appreciate your patience while our beta team processes them all. :)

• MorningZ
    MorningZ
    Community Member
    Options

Yes! 1Password is now operational on iOS8 Beta 1... thanks AgileBits, it's been working solidly for me since I installed it earlier today and the process could not have been any easier!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MorningZ‌

Thanks so much for letting us know that 1Password is working well in iOS8 Beta 1 - that's great to hear! :) Be sure to pop in to the iOS Beta Forum to report any glitches you find so that we can get them polished up before iOS 8 is released to the masses.

This discussion has been closed.