License File Download Confusion.

Options
hawkmoth
hawkmoth
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

I just answered a question from a user who is trying to retrieve his/her 1Password license file. Part of my answer was this:

I just checked my own license, and when I clicked the link to automatically install my license, Safari wouldn't open the page and said there was no application to open the file. There is a link for a Guide under that install link to go to for help. When I clicked that link, I was taken to the page to download the license file, instead of installing it directly on the browser. That works fine.

If there is something odd about how I'm doing this, let me know, but if this is what the average user finds, something needs to be clarified.

So here is my Customer Care screen with notes:

And if I click the first link, I get this, plus a popup saying there is no application to open the file. Should I be navigating to 1Password 4.app at that point? Safari does offer an option to choose an application to open the file.:

Finally, if I click the second annotated link above, I am taken to a download screen, which does work to get my license file:

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

a popup saying there is no application to open the file. Should I be navigating to 1Password 4.app at that point? Safari does offer an option to choose an application to open the file.

If this is the key - to choose the option to select an application, then going to the Applications file when Safari opens it and choosing 1Password 4.app, the post above probably is just confusing in its own right. If that turns out to be the case, I'm not sure if that discussion helps anyone or not. If it's judged only to add confusion itself, I'm happy to have someone just delete the thread altogether. I know I can do that, but I'd prefer some guidance. Maybe there needs to be a sentence about this approach added to the license page in the Customer Center.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth,

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. Our developers have found a bug in the code that is showing you the wrong information. They're looking into how it can be resolved. :)

This discussion has been closed.