Chrome plugin, just doesn't. [resolved by installing 1Password 4 extension for Chrome]

Options
head4heights
head4heights
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

Update for 1P4 is offered and installed (4.4.1).
I only recently got around to installing Chrome but and I have a feeling it did the 1P4 bit, but I can't be sure. Having opened Chrome I noticed that the 1P4 plug-in was not there. No worries, beetled off and tried to install. Not going to happen apparently. I'm told I have 1P3 installed and it needs to go from Chrome. Except I never had 1P3 so I can neither uninstall it nor install the 1P4 plugin. Safari is still happy... Chrome is being a pain. Ideas?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @head4heights,

I'm sorry to hear that the Chrome extension is giving you trouble. Please follow these steps:

• Open Chrome.
    • Type chrome://extensions in the address bar and hit return.
    • Remove any 1Password related extensions you see there.
    • Restart your Mac.
    • Launch Chrome and visit the following page: https://agilebits.com/browsers/index.html
    • Click the big green button, and confirm the installation.

This should get you sorted out, but if Chrome is still being a pain, please let us know and we'll investigate further.

• head4heights
    head4heights
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you... finally got around to sorting it. I have no idea how Chrome ended up with a version different to Safari. Bee-zarre!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @head4heights‌

I'm so glad to hear that you're all sorted out! Thanks for letting us know. :)

We're here if you have any further questions or concerns.

This discussion has been closed.