[4.5.3b3] Dropbox sync

holgr
holgr
Community Member

Hi,

just updated to the (currently) most recent beta version (4.5.3b3). I'm still seeing issues using Dropbox sync, like failed to load attachment metadata, etc. Just wondering what causes these issues, especially given that it's an upgraded 1Password install which already has 942 of my 943 total entries? Is it limiting on Dropbox' side or is this an issue with 1Password (seeing this also in the current App Store version)?

Cheers,
Holger

Comments

• Hi @holgr,

These metadata errors can be ignored, these are not essential and is the result of the differences between Windows and Mac. They'll be eliminated when we switch over to the new sync opvault format in the near future.

1Password is supposed to ignore them but it is trained to log any errors.

Can you edit an item and tell me if it shows up on the other side? Is everything else syncing as it should be?

• holgr
    holgr
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT‌,

thanks for the explanation! And yes, creating, updating and deleting entries works across devices. Didn't see any Dropbox errors while/after syncing either...

• tdube
    tdube
    Community Member

Didnt have those issues - or didnt notice them at all on install and sync. I've updated entries on Mac, iPhone, Windows and things seem to be working well..

• Thanks for the reports, gents.

This discussion has been closed.