Rejected Log-in Attempts

Options
Mauiman
Mauiman
Community Member

On 2 of my banking sites, just in the past few days, the sites have not recognized or rejected my log-in attempts on the password when using the browsers Chrome or Firefox. The log-ins work with Safari or manually typing in the i.d. and PW. These 2 sites have multiple page log-in processes but 1Password has dealt with that fine until just the past few days. i have iMac and using 1Password v. 4.4. As far as I know, I have not changed anything from when it was working successfully.

Comments

• Mauiman
    Mauiman
    Community Member
    Options

I tried the prior solution for Bank of America and I was not successful. The password log-in was again rejected or not recognized. I double-checked accuracy of the PW and it was fine. Not sure why it works OK with Safari but not Firefox or Chrome.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mauiman,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with some Logins lately. We recently released a big update to the 1Password extension which has made the extension a lot smarter. Unfortunately, because we changed a lot of the rules behind the scenes, some Logins may need to be manually saved to ensure that they fill properly.

I'm glad that you tried the solution from the 1Password and Bank of America thread - that usually works quite well for two-page Logins. It is a bit strange that the Login behaves in Safari but not in Chrome or Firefox.

Could you please let me know what version of the extension you are using? (You can find the precise version number in the browser's extensions/add-ons pane.)

I would also love to get the URLs of the sites that are giving you trouble. If we can do some testing here, we might be able to track things down!

• Mauiman
    Mauiman
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, In Chrome, I am using the version 4.2.1.90 and as for the app itself, it is v. 4.1.1. The two site in particular are www.usbank.com and www.bankofamerica.com . I also thought it unusual that these would work in Safari but not the other two browsers.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Mauiman,

Could you please let me know the extension version in all three browsers? Thanks! :)

• Mauiman
    Mauiman
    Community Member
    Options

In Chrome, v. 4.2.1.90; in Firefox, v. 4.2.1; in Safari, v. 4.2.1;

• wordspinner
    wordspinner
    Community Member
    Options

I've been having a similar problem. Now and then a site will reject a user name and/or password filled in by 1Password, even though that login information has worked before. Sometimes I can open 1Password and manually copy and paste the information, which then opens the site. Sometimes this does not work, and I need to reset the password (BWT: when I do this, sometimes 1Password will put up a message asking if I want to save the new login, and sometimes it won’t, so I have to open 1Password and manually change the information). This problem just happened when I tried to get on to the AgileBits 1Password Forum! My data:

iMac 21.5 inch Mid 2010, 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3, 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    System OS X 10.9 (13A603)
    Browser: Version 7.0 (9537.71)
    1Password Version 4.4.1 (441008)

• wordspinner
    wordspinner
    Community Member
    Options

Oops. Forgot to mention that the Browser is Safari!

• Mauiman
    Mauiman
    Community Member
    Options

Megan or JasperP - do you have any helpful hints that I can try to correct this situation?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mauiman,

Could you please confirm your version number of 1Password 4? The current version is 4.4.1. If you really are on 4.1.1, please update to the latest and greatest version of 1Password.

We've done some testing here, and the Logins you mention should be working correctly. Could you please try re-saving them using the instructions listed here: 1Password and Bank of America?

Hi @wordspinner,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password. Please try saving a new Login like this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know the site's address so we can test it?

• Mauiman
    Mauiman
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, you are asking 2 things - the version of 1Password versus the version of the plug-ins -- they are not the same on my system. For 1Password itself, it is version 4.4.1. For the plug-in extensions in the 3 browsers, it is a version of 4.2.1.
    I will try the instructions you give above and report back. Thanks for help.

• Mauiman
    Mauiman
    Community Member
    Options

I tried your suggestions above for both BofA and USB sites. Efforts seem to be successful. Now the mystery for me is why did it overnight go from working fine to not working at all for those 2 sites. Thank you for your help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @Mauiman,

I do apologize for asking for so many version numbers ... I know it can be a bit confusing but it is so helpful to us when trying to diagnose issues - thanks very much for obliging!

I'm so glad to hear that saving a new Login for these sites has things working properly for you again. Here's to hoping they continue to behave from now on! (If they don't, of course we're here for you.) :)

This discussion has been closed.