Auto-Submit only halfway works

Options
mrwuzzman
mrwuzzman
Community Member

I have the following system:
OS X Mavericks/Firefox
1Password v.4.4 with latest browser extension updates.

As with everybody else, the browser extension update ended the auto-submit until I installed the add-on script. Now that it is installed, the forms will auto fill. However, if the login and password are entered on different pages, 1Password will not submit the login form.

For example, I have a web account with a certain bank. The front page of the bank asks for your login. You fill it out, and submit the form. The password gets filled out on the second page.

1Password will fill in the login, but it won't submit. And for some reason, it removes the cursor from the login field, so I also can't just hit "enter" to submit the form. I have to use the mouse.

Is there any workaround to fix this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Does this knowledge base article on creating multi-page logins help?

Stephen

• mrwuzzman
    mrwuzzman
    Community Member
    Options

I suppose that could probably fit as a workaround to the bug, but there are two issues with that:
    1) Sometimes the login and password are on the same page for the same site, so having it separated into a separate login and password would add a step each time would add an unnecessary step.
    2) The software was previously able to do this, and even with the script it knows how to fill in the login. So can't the add-on script just be adapted to submit both the login and password form?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If the login and password are on the same page you should be able to make it work by re-creating and saving the login manually.

Stephen

• mrwuzzman
    mrwuzzman
    Community Member
    Options

So for each website like this, I should create one selection for the login, one selection for the password, and a third selection for the combined login & password? There's really no better way around this, when it was already working to begin with and the functionality was disabled when I updated the plugin?

Instead of that, can't I just revert back to the old plugin that worked?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mrwuzzman,

Can you mention the bank site (URL) that's giving you trouble, in a private message if you prefer? Are you currently running version 4.4.1 of the application (from the Agile Web Store or Mac App Store?) and 4.2.1 of the browser extension for Firefox? Do you remember the last version of the extension you used before having problems?

Thanks in advance for that information so we can better help you to get this working properly again.

• mrwuzzman
    mrwuzzman
    Community Member
    Options

Information PM'ed to you. Thanks for the reply.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mrwuzzman,

Thanks for the detailed PM. I've replied with a possible multi-item workaround you can try for multi-page logins. If that's successful, there's a followup single-item workaround I can suggest.

This discussion has been closed.