License key for 1Password 4

Options
nachbar
nachbar
Community Member

I have been using 1Password for a number of years. I just got the dialog suggesting upgrading to 1Password 4. I did, and was sent an email that was supposed to have a license, but there is no license code as I am used to seeing with 1Password 3, only a link to click in the email. Is there a license code for 1Password 4? If not, how do I get the 1Password 4 license onto another computer on which I do not run my email program?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

1PW 4 uses a license file, not a code. You could copy the file from one computer to the other, or re-download it from Agile Bits.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nachbar,

I apologize for the confusion here. As @danco says, 1Password 4 uses a license file and not a license code. The email that you were sent should include a link to download your license file, but I was able to locate your account information in our back office records using the email address attached to your forum account, so I'm re-sending your license information to you, in case you still need it.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions!

• jeffc
    jeffc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

This is the closest message I can find for my problem.

I had some licenses for 1Password (Mac) - mostly upgraded from MAS, but I needed a new license for 1Password Windows (v4), so I ended up just getting a new bundle that included both licenses. I love your product so much, and depend on it so routinely (many times/day), I don't mind throwing extra money your way from time to time!

In any case, I'm actually having an issue with the Mac license. Your WWW site allows me to APPLY the license, but it doesn't have a link that allows me to download the license and store it locally. I'd like to be able to store the license in 1Password (as I have in the past).

I can copy the link, but I'm not sure if I should then use command line CURL (or something) to grab the link. And I'm unsure that you'd make it that hard on us! :-)

So my license IS applied: But how can I actually download the license for long term storage (i.e. 1Password's "Software Licenses")?

Thanks for your help!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jeffc,

First of all, thank you so much for your support! It's awesome to hear from users who love 1Password and find it so useful. :) I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your license file, let's get this sorted out.

I was able to locate your account in our back office records using the email address attached to your forum account. I'm re-sending your license information to the email address on file. This email should include a link that will take you to the download page - just click the big blue button to download your license file. You can then attach this file to the software license record.

I hope this gets you all sorted out, but if you're still having difficulties, please let me know!

• jeffc
    jeffc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Thanks for your help! I did finally find it. It was on a page that I thought was just help. Text on the WWW site said this:

Be sure to download 1Password 4 for Mac before clicking the license link above. If you have any issues, please refer to this guide.

"download 1Password 4 for Mac" was a link to the standard download page. "this guide" was a link that I thought was a typical link to basic help. But this link is actually to a page that contains a download link for my license.

I didn't think that E-Mail was very clear. You might actually include a link to save the file on the primary E-Mail that was sent (just a suggestion), rather than a download link on a separate page (that made it sound like it was just for basic help).

Thanks for your help, I'm all set now!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jeffc,

Thanks so much for the feedback! I'm so glad that you were able to get things straightened out, but I do apologize that the email was unclear. I'll be sure to share your thoughts with our team.

Please do let us know if you have any further questions or concerns - we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.