Getting password for shared vault.

Options
cakoose
cakoose
Community Member

I'm currently using a shared vault but don't remember the shared vault password. I need the password so my coworker can also add the shared vault.

How can I get my copy of 1Password to give me the shared vault password? Is that even possible?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You can't to the best of my knowledge. If you were the creator of the secondary vault then your best bet is probably to create a new secondary vault and copy all the contents over to the new one (whose password you will remember having just made it).

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cakoose,

Do you currently have a secondary vault in 1Password configured to sync with that shared vault (keychain) in Dropbox? And are you able to access its data (without knowing the password) by unlocking your Primary vault? Is there any other access to that shared vault (keychain), possibly by someone else who'd still know its password to directly unlock it?

While it's not possible to retrieve the Master Password for any 1Password vault/keychain, answers to those questions should help us to get this sorted out for you in a different way. :)

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.