imported companys-vault keeps asking for password

Options
florian_b
florian_b
Community Member

Today I faced a strange behaviour at an co-workers 1password-installation.

I created for that co-worker (2nd) a primary fault - since she wasn't using 1password before. After that i imported the shared vault as a new vault and entered the master-key for that shared vault.

I did the same with another co-workers 1password-installation and my 1password-installation weeks ago. In the daily use the 1st co-worker and me are able to switch between the primary and the shared vault with ease. No password prompts for the shared fault.

However - the second co-worker gets prompted for the shared-vault-master-password everytime she trys to access the shared vault.

Is there any way to make the use of the shared vault for her as comfortable as it is for us? Probably it's just a option i missed?

Thanks in advance - Florian

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @florian_b‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. If your co-worker has unlocked her primary vault, she should not be prompted to enter the Master Password for her secondary vault when switching. Could you let me know what version number of 1Password you are all using? (The version number can be found in the 1Password > About 1Password menu). I have previously noticed this issue, but I am not able to recreate it using the most current version (4.4.1.)

• florian_b
    florian_b
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan‌,

thanks for answering that fast. Unfortunately we're using 4.4.1, too. I talked to my co-worker again today, and told her about your response, asking her to try to usually log in via the primary vault and switching then to the secondary vault. And probably that was all the trick, because it seems to work now. :D

Thanks again! - Florian

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Florian ( @florian_b )

Well, I'm glad to hear that things seem to be working for her now! Please keep an eye on things and if she notices any other weird behaviour, do let us know - if this bug is still around, it must be squashed. :)

This discussion has been closed.