Sync on iPhone finds a different (valid) 1 password file to everything else

Options
Dan Wilkinson
Dan Wilkinson
Community Member

I have a Mac and an iPad (latest versions of 1password) syncing via iCloud, and both getting the same data. I also have an iPhone (latest version) that is finding different data when I setup iCloud sync (it was previously using dropbox sync). I am signed into iCLoud via the same ID on all machines. I have turned Documents and Data off on all machines to try to kick it into life. I have remove the app from the phone, and logged in and out of iCloud on the phone that picks up the wrong data. I have logged into iCLoud.com and reset all documents and data. I simply cannot get 1Password on my phone to find the same data as everything else. I know it's different, because the password hints are different. I can log in, using the appropriate master password and it works, but it's a different vault to my other machines. What can I do to make it find the correct vault?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Dan,

We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from all computers and devices currently running 1Password?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

(Please be sure to select the tab that corresponds to the version of 1Password you have installed currently)

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Dan Wilkinson
    Dan Wilkinson
    Community Member
    Options

I can do this, but at present I cannot get to the diagnostic section until I successfully either sync with my incorrect vault, or setup a new local one - and if I do that, surely the diagnostics won't be valid? Let me know how much basic setup to do (I can choose to setup as a new user, or sync to a working dropbox, or the working (but incorrect) iCloud. Many thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Dan,

If you haven't set up 1Password on your iOS devices, then just sending a Diagnostic Report from the Mac (and any other devices that are correctly set up) will be sufficient.

• Dan Wilkinson
    Dan Wilkinson
    Community Member
    Options

I set up a local non syncing user and ran the report on the iPhones, and sent that to you. I have also sent diagnostics from my working Mac. They may have come from different email addresses, but both have the link to this thread in them. Thanks,
    Dan

• Dan Wilkinson
    Dan Wilkinson
    Community Member
    Options

(actually I sent the first iphone one to support+forums not support-forum. I have since connected to the wrong icloud account and sent another one. So now you have 1 each from Mac and iOS, logging into different vaults on the same icloud account :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi Dan,

We've received your Diagnostic Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details.

• Dan Wilkinson
    Dan Wilkinson
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. If it helps, the password hint for the correct vault is "P" (I have seen it in the profile.js file on my mac). The hint for the incorrect vault is "Scary App"

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the follow-up! We won't need any details about your Master Password to solve this - I've spoken with one of our support gurus, and we think we know what's going on here. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email so we don't create any confusion between here and there. :)

• Dan Wilkinson
    Dan Wilkinson
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I have since sort of got it working, although I do not understand it. I went into Settings > iCloud > Backups > Manage Storage and deleted the 1Password file listed their. That deleted the data file for my working devices too. As they were still running and still had their data locally synced, I set up a "new" iCloud data file that it merged with it's local contents on my Mac. I could then connect to it on all my devices. However the Mac and iPad still had 1 password hint, and the iPhone still had a different password hint. I didn't think it had worked at first, but this time the contents matched by total number of items, and adding removing from any of the 3 reflects the changes in the other 2. So that's good, but when I now unlock on my Mac, the password hint has reverted to the old one again, now matching the iPhone?!?! I don't get it, but it seems to be working...

This discussion has been closed.