My iPhone has more items than my iPad or 1Password 4. How can I get all in sync?

Options
IMArne
IMArne
Community Member

I am syncing my two devices and the desktop application using iCloud. Everything but the logins are synced. My 1Password app on the iPhone is showing 310 items and 294 logins. My iPad and the application both show 307 total and 291 logins. How can I get all 3 in sync?

Thanks
Arne

Comments

• dbrandt6
    dbrandt6
    Community Member
    Options

Same here between my iPhone 5 (153 items) and my Mac Mini (159 items). I've tried synching using both iCloud and WiFi... both not able to match each other.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

What do you use to sync? I use Dropbox and so far no issue.

• doctormo
    doctormo
    Community Member
    Options

I just had the same problem today and use Dropbox. My iPhone had 99 logins and my iMac and iPad had 97 logins which stayed that way no matter what I did. I searched for "iPhone and 1Password logins do not match" and read a number of threads.

Basically, I deleted the iPhone app, restarted iPhone, then reinstalled iPhone app and resynced with Dropbox and there were still 99 logins. I then did the same with iPad and the iPad resynced to 99 logins so i figured that 99 must be the right number. I then shut down the 1P and 1Pmini app and located the appropriate files in the user Library (Application Support and Preferences) and renamed them to "OLD" as suggested somewhere here or on the site. I then rebooted 1P and did a new user resync to everything and the main app had 99 items. So I am in "synch" again.

I am running beta versions of everything but something is odd here. I could add a site and all devices picked it up but the total was off. I rarely use the iPhone version so maybe that had something to do with it.

• Ben
    Options

It would be interesting to know if the items are actually not syncing (and if making a change to the items not syncing gets them to sync) or if it is simply a matter of the item counts being incorrect. Can anyone who is having this issue verify?

• doctormo
    doctormo
    Community Member
    Options

Hello bwoodruff,

Using the Mac store version on the devices and latest beta versions (4.4.1) on the iMac.

Hard for me know since I just resynced my iPhone, iPad and iMac yesterday as noted above and they are all matching now. I added a login and deleted a login and they updated on each device for both tasks in a minute or two.

I pulled out my wife's MacBook Air which has 1P on it though hardly used, updated to the latest beta version, and it had the same number of logins as the other devices and worked with adding and subtracting a login above. HOWEVER, there are three items in the Macbook 1P trash and 5 items in the iMac 1P trash after syncing. I would think they should be the same if fully synced.

I restored one of the logins that was in both 1P Trash cans and it seems to move back and forth ok on both machines. I restored one of the logins that was in the iMac trash and not the MacBook trash and it appeared in the iMac login list with the others but not nothing happened on the Macbook thus the iMac had one more entry than the MacBook. This change from was picked up on the iPhone and iMac that I resynced yesterday so just the MacBook is out of synch now. I edited the file in the trash and moved it around and the MacBook still did not pick it up.

Every time I make a change like this, Dropbox acknowledges the change on the MacBook within a few seconds but nothing changes in 1P. The devices take a little longer to update. I can unsync and resync the MacBook 1P to the Dropbox file and nothing changes.

I can repeat on demand so if there is anything you want me to try, let me know. These files seem to be invisible to the Macbook and can only be fixed by deleting files and starting over like I did with the iMac yesterday it appears.

• Ben
    Options

@doctormo‌

Please send us a diagnostic report from each device to support+forum@ agilebits .com You can find instructions on doing so here: http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email(s), along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Reports in our inbox.

These reports should give us a better understanding of what is going on. Thanks in advance!

Ben

• doctormo
    doctormo
    Community Member
    Options

Reports sent 6/17/14 at 7:00pm± CST

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @doctormo‌

We've received your Diagnostic Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details.

• Jzcaldwell
    Jzcaldwell
    Community Member
    Options

Just sent a report @ ~9:45AM PST with similar issues.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Jzcaldwell‌

We received your reports. Thanks! We'll review them and get back to you via email.

For anyone else reading and possibly having this problem, the fix thus far has been to disable syncing and re-enable it. Often time Folder sync is enabled instead of Dropbox sync, which causes this problem.

Ben

• frosty
    frosty
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem syncing between my iPhone, iPad and Windows machine.

When I try to sync with Dropbox and select a vault I get a "vault mismatch... we recommend that you do not merge these vaults" message.

What's the fix for this? How do I ensure that I don't lose any login data?

[L]

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @frosty,

I've replied to your original post here. :)

This discussion has been closed.