Syncing not working [moved to email]

Options
frosty
frosty
Community Member
edited June 2014 in iOS

I created a new login on my iPad that isn't showing up on my iPhone or Windows machine. Everything used to sync across Dropbox nicely.

What should I do?

[L]

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @frosty,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble keeping things synced up lately. I've got a few basic things that we want to check regarding Dropbox first, before we get into the serious troubleshooting:

• Please ensure that Dropbox is installed and running on your computer
    • Check that you are logged in with the same account on all computers and devices
    • Confirm that Dropbox sync is selected in 1Password > Preferences > Sync on your PC
    • Confirm that Dropbox is selected in Settings > Sync on your iOS device

If all of those items check out, let's run a test and see where things are getting tripped up:

• Create a test entry on your PC ("Test, PC") and add some data
    • Create a test entry on each of your iOS devices ("Test, iPhone/iPad") and add some data
    • Does "Test for PC" show up on either of your iOS devices?
    • Does "Test for iPhone" and/or "Test for iPad" show up on your PC?
    • Log in to the Dropbox website and click on the 1Password.html file inside your 1Password.agilekeychain folder
    • Enter your Master Password
    • Do either or any of your test entries show up in your database here?

Please let me know the results of this little experiment - once we have a better idea of where things are going sideways, we should be able to get this straightened out simply for you :)

• frosty
    frosty
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Do you think this is a Dropbox issue? My Dropbox account has been working fine with my computer and iOS devices and other apps and was working just fine with 1Password for some time. From what I see in other messages in your support forums, it sounds like something broke in the latest iOS app updates?

But, I'll go through the steps:

• Dropbox is running on my computer.
    • I'm logged into the correct account on all devices.
    • On the latest version of 1Password for PC, I don't see a Sync option in Preferences. What am I missing there?
    • On my iPhone, when I go to Settings > Sync, I see "Start Syncing" under "Primary Vault" and only 84 items versus the 131 that show up on my PC (and only 79 on my iPad). When I choose "Sync with Dropbox" and select the "vault" I get a "vault mismatch... we recommend that you do not merge these vaults" message. I've chosen "do not merge" since I don't want to risk losing login data.
    • I've created "test PC" on my PC, "test iPhone" on my phone and "test iPad" on my tablet. None of them appear on the other devices.
    • When I click 1password.html in Dropbox I receive this message: "Problem loading 1Password data file. A key data file could not be loaded and 1PasswordAnywhere cannot continue without it."

What next? Thank you.

[L]

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @frosty,

It does sound like sync has gotten disconnected somewhere. We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report for your PC?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

(Please be sure to select the tab that corresponds to the version of 1Password you have installed currently)

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• frosty
    frosty
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Done. I just emailed the diagnostics report. Thanks.

[L]

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @frosty,

We've received your email with the report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from our support team will get back with you as soon as they can with more help for this issue.

• frosty
    frosty
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.

[L]

This discussion has been closed.